Collections I Own That Require Finishing
Like all fellow wargamers I have a relatively large collection of projects at various stages of completeness.
Following a very targeted and productive year in 2012 where I tackled the big jobs, finished off lots of loose ends and then cut my losses on other projects and evil-bayed a significant chunk of my collection, my 2013 LMP sees most of the outstanding projects at the starting stage.
Unless noted (*), the forces and projects listed are prepped, undercoated and ready to paint.
· ‘Generic Medieval’ lead mountain
· Napoleonic French
· Napoleonic Austrian (* still in bags…)
· Parliamentarian and Royalist forces
· Byzantine Army (* still in bags)
· SCW (* still in bags)
· Post Romano British force
· Gall Gaedhil mercenaries
· 6 point Scots’ Warband
· 4 point Irish Warband (and reinforcements)
· Baggage wagon and farmers
· Matching ACW forces
· WW2 Landing Craft
· Matching Colonial British and Zulu Armies
· Future War Commander ‘Not Squat’ army
· Future War Commander Andrayan army
· WW2 Early War German for BKC.
· Finish AWI collection for Maurice
28mm Bolt Action/Rules of Engagement
· Late War German Grenadiers
· Late War German tanks and Vehicles
· Late war British tanks and vehicles
Purchases I need to make to round off collections
With the threat of redundancy hanging over me this year, I fully expect my spending on the hobby to be hit and to be hit hard.
The following lists includes odds and ends I am hoping to purchase in 2013 to round off existing projects before embarking on any new follies.
Last year I planned to hold out until March and managed February – this year I am hoping to hold out until March before making a ‘new project purchases’.
· SAGA Irish reinforcements to bring the force up to 6 points
· SAGA Javelins
· LBMS Shield transfers for SAGA Scots
· Panzer IV for Bolt Action
· Regular British/Commonwealth Platoon for Bolt Action
· Napoleonic Austrian (to fill gaps in FOG Army)
· 28mm Hedgrows/fields
Depending upon the job situation I would like to look at the following wargames in 2013. I already own the rules sets marked (**)
- Muskets & Tomahawks (**) Starter Armies in 28mm
- Dux Britannarium (**) in 28mm
- Algeron Pulls It Off – TFL WW1 Aerial Combat Rules